The Ancient Sugar Mill at Kouklia

Built toward the end of the 13th century, this facility was likely owned by the royal house of the Franc Lusignan dynasty, which ruled Cyprus from 1191 – 1489. The milling and refining facility continued to be used through the Venetian period, around 1571, although the complex was remodeled and reconstructed several times throughout its use during this time.

For more information on this site, take a look at our blog:

The Ancient Sugar Factory